One Piece: Shadows on the Horizon

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome

Welcome to Shadows on the Horizon. We're a One Piece RP that provides a relaxing and friendly environment. Here, you can follow whatever path you desire. So grab some rum, make some friends, and set sail. We'll see you on the seas.

Staff

Admins

Mods

Top posters

Synch (74)
Ito Ito no Mi (Thread-Thread Fruit) EmptyIto Ito no Mi (Thread-Thread Fruit) VotebarIto Ito no Mi (Thread-Thread Fruit) Empty 
Anomalous (20)
Ito Ito no Mi (Thread-Thread Fruit) EmptyIto Ito no Mi (Thread-Thread Fruit) VotebarIto Ito no Mi (Thread-Thread Fruit) Empty 
Faalstein (20)
Urek (18)
Steady (12)
KyousukeYuuki (12)
Myth (8)
Silent Reap (7)
Kyoto Yoshida (7)
MrShadowblademaster (6)

2 posters

Ito Ito no Mi (Thread-Thread Fruit)

Myth
    Myth

Beri : 1000

Approved Ito Ito no Mi (Thread-Thread Fruit)

Post by Myth Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:43 am

Ito Ito no Mi (Thread-Thread Fruit) Atnbtl

Ito Ito no Mi

(Thread-Thread Fruit)

Type: Paramecia
    Character: Unnamed

Overview √ The Ito Ito no Mi is a Paramecia-class Devil Fruit that allows the user to create and manipulate strings of various lengths. These wire-like strings are able to cut through objects as well as connect to clouds and enable air transportation while unaided. Using the strings, the user can also manipulate people by attaching strings to them and hijacking their movement.

The user is able to create a maximum of 12 strings from their hands as well as the joints of their knees. At B-Rank, the user gains the ability to create a maximum of 18 strings from any point on their body. At S-rank, The user can create a maximum of 24 strings.

Abilities

• E-Rank (Maximum Range: 10 meters) √ The Ito Ito no Mi allows the eater to control and manipulate strings. The cutting ability of the strings is enough to slice through simple organic components, such as paper.
    • D-Rank (Maximum Range: 20 meters) √ The user is able to connect their strings to clouds and objects, enabling them to travel through the air as well as hijack the movements of stronger enemies. The sharpness of the strings also receives a boost, cutting through stronger objects with fewer problems.
    • C-Rank (Maximum Range: 26 meters) √ The user gains a power increase in the tensile strength of their strings, allowing them to cut through rock and stone as well as journey over a greater area by attaching their strings to the clouds.
    • B-Rank (Maximum Range: 37 meters) √ With the power of strings, the ability of the user to hijack the movements of others is boosted, along with the distance that they can travel with Ametsuchi.
    • A-Rank (Maximum Range: 45 meters) √ The user is able to cut through strong solid objects with little effort as well as use their strings to control a larger amount of people over a wider area of effect.
    • S-Rank (Maximum Range: 55 meters) √ All powers of the user receive a substantial boost, granting them nearly unmatched cutting and offensive prowess. Few are able to resist the user's ability to hijack their movements or stop the user from traveling through the air.
    • SS-Rank (Maximum Range: 68 meters) √ The unstoppable wire-like strings are fast and nearly impossible to avoid without the use of Haki. The user is able to control a large amount of people with little effort involved as well as slice through extremely hard objects, such as steel and bone with casual ease.

Key Techniques

Parasite (寄生糸(パラサイト)Parasaito, literally meaning "Parasite String") √ The user attaches their strings to certain targets and uses them to hijack their movement, controlling their body motions like a puppeteer handles a marionette. The strength of the technique is determined by the user's skill level and becomes more powerful as the user advances.

• E-Rank √ The user is limited to controlling 1 character at a time and is only able to manipulate 'civilian' class characters or those with a strength rating of 1 or lower.
    • D-Rank √ The puppeteer is now able to forcibly control the movements of up to 3 targets at a time
    • B-Rank √ The Ito Ito no Mi user is now able to control up to 5 targets of Pirate-rank or higher, so long as they are within the user's effective range.
    • A-Rank √ The puppeteer forcibly hijacks the movement of their targets within reach of their strings, keeping them immobile or forcing them to attack their own allies. The user can control a large number of mid-pirate level characters (NPC), so long as they remain within reach of their strings. Those with Armament Haki have more resistance to the ability than others without it.
    • S-Rank √ The user has a large string capacity, able to forcibly hijack the movements of many targets over a large area.

Ametsuchi √ The user attaches their strings to clouds, allowing them to move through the air for as long as they have something to attach their strings to. This allows the user to traverse the open sea unaided by ships or boats, but their skill level determines the stamina required as well as the frequency and time it will require. [The user still requires a transportation thread in the open seas].

• D-Rank √ The user has become adept enough with strings to make short solo trips across the turbulent seas. While doing this, the wait period is reduced to 16 hours. The user is able to stay in the air for a maximum of 3 posts p/thread.
    • B-Rank √ At this stage, the user's speed has advanced far enough that they can journey across the open seas in a mere 8 hours. In each thread, the user is able to stay afloat for a maximum of 5 posts.
    • S-Rank √ Like a butterfly, the user is able to flutter across the sky, using the strings to traverse the seas between islands in a mere 2 hours. The amount of time the user can stay afloat in the air in each thread is now 10 posts.
    • SS-Rank √ There is hardly much to keep the user grounded. The 'String Human' is able to journey from island-to-island without worry of being interrupted by enemies of A-Rank or lower. In each thread, the user is now able to stay in the air for a total of 12 posts, so long as they have clouds to support their movements.

Resistance

[-10%] Most Control: The user can hijack most movements, causing them to walk or fight as he bids.

[30%] Some Control: The user is able to restrain movements, but the character possesses a measure of control over their actions.

[+50%] Lesser Control: The character is almost completely immune to the fruit's abilities.

The ability to resist being controlled by the Ito Ito no Mi's ability is dependent on a number of statistics and numbers

• E-Rank
      Strength (1 or greater): +20% Resistance
      Busoshoku Haki: +10% Resistance
      Fortitude: (2 or greater): +30% Resistance
    • C-Rank  
      Strength (4 or greater): +20% Resistance
      Fortitude: (3 or greater): +30% Resistance
    • B-Rank
      Strength (7 or greater): +20% Resistance
      Fortitude: (5 or greater): +30% Resistance
    • A-Rank
      Strength (8 or greater): +20% Resistance
      Fortitude: (6 or greater): +30% Resistance
    • S-Rank
      Strength (8 or greater): +20% Resistance
      Fortitude: (7 or greater): +30% Resistance

Last edited by Antaeus on Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:44 am; edited 9 times in total
    Steady
    Steady

Beri : 2501

Approved Re: Ito Ito no Mi (Thread-Thread Fruit)

Post by Steady Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:21 pm

First of all, we now have time limits for how long you can reserve a fruit. Your reservation ran out, luckily the fruit hasn't since been taken. You will have to reserve it again.

For the fruit itself, for the most part it looks good. I was a little confused on the Key Techniques section, and while it is outside of the regular format everything else is the same and the techniques themselves are important enough to deserve a general mention. There are only two real problems I see with this fruit.

String Creation: How many strings can you create? Are they limitless, is it harder to control the more strings there are? Also, where can the strings come from? The fingers, the entire body?

Parasite: While I think you generally did a good job with it, the terms "civilian-rank" and "pirate-rank" are a little vague, could you try to change it with our level system? The idea of Armament Haki is still a little vague on this site, and in my personal opinion doesn't have to do with breaking out of these strings. While its a little off the topic, I see Armament Haki as something that makes your body harder, more defensive, and able to nullify devil fruits to an extent. Seeing how controlling a player character could be considered very powerful in role play, I would change this to the general strength of the person you are trying to control.

Myth
    Myth

Post by Myth Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:02 am

Oops, my bad on the reservation. I will re-reserve it. Bad habit of mine of never being timely with characters.

String Creation
    Amended. Added to the Overview section.

As for my usage of obscure terms, Civilian Rank was meant to refer to characters that are generally even below E-rank. Generic NPCs that are usually only added for the sake of a plot's progression. For the term 'pirate-rank' .... I have no excuse ... I was lazy and didn't really think about that.

Parasite
    If I changed it to be a contest of the strength stat, I would feel cheap if my character had a strength stat of 10. I'm not looking for Parasite to be a contest of strength between characters... whereby the highest card wins. I can remove the influence of Haki since I agree with you on that point, but the idea of having strength directly influence whether a person can resist doesn't sound too appealing to me.
    Steady
    Steady

Post by Steady Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:09 pm

I can see what you mean by the parasite feeling cheap if your character had a stat of 10. I will admit I never thought of it that way, I only took into account the other characters strength. The main problem here is that we need some part of resistance, haki isn't exactly reliable for reasons I already explained. Im willing to help come up with an idea should there be any problems.

Also, I just noticed but I would like some clarification, can the parasite technique be used on PC characters?
    Myth
    Myth

Post by Myth Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:45 pm

My thoughts on that will be yes... but only with permission. For the most part, I plan to use it mostly on NPCs or on characters with their owner's consent which will probably be for plot purposes  or if someone truly wishes their character killed off.

Example: The Strength Rating of 1 at E-Rank can apply to both NPCs and PCs, but most PCs set their strength higher than this so it won't be used much on PCs at this rank and even so it will be discussed and agreed upon. As I level up the character, I plan to use the strings in combat, I do plan to use it as a threat

Suffice it to say though, PCs won't be the major strength to the technique, but more NPCs will as he can command extra help from common bystanders.

As for the resistance to the technique, E-B Ranks use strength as a method to determine resistance, but not as in a full-proof method. What if I used a percentage system to gauge resistance, such as;

Strength (3 or greater): +20% Resistance
    Fortitude: (6 or greater): +30% Resistance

I know we don't use percentages a lot, but to me it takes into account more than a single factor and makes it more than a contest of brute force.

[-10%] Most Control: The user can hijack most movements, causing them to walk or fight as he bids.

[30%] Some Control: The user is able to restrain movements, but the character possesses a measure of control over their actions.

[+50%] Lesser Control: The character is almost completely immune to the fruit's abilities.

Or something like this...
    Steady
    Steady

Post by Steady Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:42 pm

Personally, I am ok with all of this then. Make sure to edit in everything you said in the main description and it can be approved.
    Myth
    Myth

Post by Myth Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:39 am

Resistances added.
    Steady
    Steady

Post by Steady Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:50 pm

Approved

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 am